Today marks the official first day of Spring! And… St. Louis got snow. ha! I’m not too upset though because I was really planning on a lazy day any way so with the snow on the ground outside, it just gave me a reason gave me the incentive to stay on the couch and catch up on all things blogging.
So back to the subject. The first day of Spring is a great day to share some of the most popular trends of the season. My closet does not revolve around trends, however if there are some that I love, I have no problem joining in on the fun. And this season… there is lot’s of fun! Check out the top seven trends for spring below.
This denim off the shoulder blouse is so comfortable, soft and easy to wear. It would be a great spring and summer piece is every girls closet. I paired mine with white jeans, but this top would also look great with colored jeans, shorts and even a skirt. Not to mention, you can wear this blouse with a great statement necklace or earrings. I love the off the shoulder and knotted sleeve detail in this top, both hitting the mark for trends this season. Check out more trends below.
Top Trends of Spring 2016
- Cold Shoulders: This is not the first time you have probably seen an off the shoulder blouse or dress, but for this year they are just about everywhere! At NYFW, there was hardly a show without showcasing this trend of the season. This is the easiest runway trend to wear everyday and is flattering on everyone. Which is why, today’s look is all about the cold shoulder.
- Denim Dan: denim will never go out of style. The things that change with denim are the different types of washes, designs, cuts, and well…. styles. Jean jackets, flare jeans, skinny cut offs, and distressed boyfriend jeans are all popular right now.
- Blushed: You might have caught last week’s post about one of Pantone’s Color of the Year. It was all about Rose Quartz, or better known as Blush. This is one color that looks great on everyone and also pairs well with others.
- Romantic Florals: You may think that florals is nothing really new for Spring 2016. However, this season’s floral trend has had a facelift. Think a little more bold, vibrant and oversized proportions to add a statement to your everyday style.
- Bold Geo Prints: Similar to florals, geometric prints have been seen frequently in the past. This year look for bolder hues, statements and eye-catching color combinations. Geometric laser cut fabrics are also very popular and look great in dresses and blouses.
- Dyed and True: The seventies have been here lately and tie dye is making an appearance. You can see find just about every sort of garment tie dyed if you like, but personally I have been loving this trend in simple headbands, bandanas, tees, blouses, active wear and palazzo pants.
- Arm candy: Details on sleeves like bell sleeves, ruffles, and embellishments can take any ordinary blouse and make it a little more interesting.
There can be many rules for fashion… most are relevant for everyone, some are outdated and others don’t just don’t apply. But when it comes to trends, I like to keep these pieces on the affordable side. Who wants spend their savings on pieces that are only popular for a season or two? Not me! So whenever I purchase something trendy, it’s typically around the $50 mark. Which is why Pulse Fashion is the perfect online boutique to shop current trends.
With affordable price points, Pulse brings women quality fashion at prices that won’t break the bank. If you are from St. Louis, you may know Pulse from their Chesterfield location off of Clarkson and highway 40. Now they are exclusively online and able to sell their fashion to everyone in the U.S. Be sure to check back in tomorrow to view another look from Pulse, featuring an additional Spring trend! Pulse Boutique is offering my readers an exclusive 15% off all purchases with code “POLK15” at checkout and a $50 gift card to shop! The giveaway ends Friday!